We have confirmed the following line-up so far for the Toffie Pop Culture festival in Cape Town this year in March:
On Thursday 24 March the festival will open with exhibitions by some of our most talented local creatives, curated by Peet Pienaar plus more exhibitions by What if the World, Marcii Goose and Word of Art. Richard de Jager will also show his latest exhibition. Check out this clip to see Athi-Patra Ruga and Richard de Jager's collaboration performance last year at Toffie in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The speakers for Friday and Saturday (25 and 26 March):
- Alex Trochut: Designer (Spain)
- Daito Manabe: Artist/Programmer (Japan)
- Brecht Vandenbroucke: Artist/Designer (Belgium)
- Jürg Lehni: Inventor/Designer (Switzerland)
- Athi-Patra Ruga: Artist (South Africa)
- Javier Lourenco/Flamboyant Paradise: (Filmmaker: Argentina)
- More to be confirmed soon
There will also be lots of music and parties: The Cape Philharmonic Orchestra will perform with Braam du Toit, Peach van Pletzen and Tumi Molekane. And at the Sailors and Prostitutes after-party Dirty Paraffin will be one of the acts burning up the dancefloor - get your costumes ready! Big prizes to be won again.
The winners of the Jay Jays / Bruce Lee design Awards will also be announced. The winner gets R10000 in $$$.
Keep checking in - we will have more news soon!